Bison Financial Group, through a joint venture Construction Build-to-Suit platform, can provide merchant developers the ability to create new opportunities for their team without the developer committing capital. Specifically, 100% of the capital will be made available; this benefits a merchant developer by eliminating market risk and the need to secure equity and debt funding, allows them to receive development fee income, conserves capital for future projects, preserves their balance sheet and maintain strong tenant relationships. Funding is also available for existing single tenant assets in a sale-leaseback structure.
- Retail (big box, drug/convenience/gas/auto/furniture stores, bank branch/operation center)
- Office (corporate HQ, call/data centers, government)
- Industrial (warehouse/distribution, cold storage, logistics/trucking facilities)
- Colleges & Universities (housing, university buildings and facilities)
- Healthcare & Research (medical/hospital/acute care)
- Municipalities (city/county/state, prison/correctional facilities)
Since the financial viability of the project is established by the credit quality of the tenant(s), not the developer, this is the perfect program for a merchant developer that has magnificent industry contacts and connections, but has had their credit trashed by the downturn. Banks and LifeCos are typically not willing to overlook the battle scars and bruises to a developer’s credit, Bison’s investors will. The meticulous focus on risk reduction in this model gives a long-term investor comfort to back this type of developer. Bison is also seeing deal flow from developers at the early stages of their careers because the traditional conventional lending model is that a developer needs a net worth two times the project size to qualify for funding.
Contact Us now to discuss your project.